“If You Are Enthusiastic And Love Helping People Become A Better Version Of Themselves By Adding Health And Fitness Into Their Life and want to join our team, I Have A $35 – $50/hr, Fun and Fulfilling Personal Training, Yoga or Pilates Position Just For You!”
We are always looking for more people to join our team and are hoping that you are the Personal Trainer, Yoga or Pilates Instructor that we have been looking for that possesses everything needed for clients to be successful who meshes seamlessly with our team. We are currently looking for someone in Toronto (Finch down to the lake, DVP over to Bathurst as well as Beaches), but in the near future will also need trainers in Oakville/Mississauga and South Etobicoke/The Kingsway.
Home Fit started in 2002. We contract out clients to personal trainers, yoga and Pilates instructors and are always looking for the next person to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person.
We travel to client’s homes, offices and condos. Our clients are men and women mostly between the ages of 40 – 70yrs and up. Some have goals of losing weight while others want to maintain themselves to continue with their active lifestyles as time goes on. Wear and tear takes a toll on joints and ligaments so being knowledgeable on knee, hip and shoulder adaptations in exercises are a must.
Clients begin with a minimum 3 month package. This includes program design, 2-4 training sessions per week, Nutritional counselling, monthly fitness assessments, and online motivation group participation.
The most popular times are early am before work and after work as well as weekends. We understand about balance and do not expect a trainer to start early am and then work very late in the evening, but we do expect that you have either morning or evening availabilities and one weekend day.
This position will start with one to two clients and build from there. $35/session to start, working up to $50/session. Everyone is paid as an independent contractor. We like having fun and making money providing a highly valuable fitness service. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and we will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others…because that’s what we do at HomeFit.
This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, we promise that $35/session is only the starting point. We recognize and reward performance.
- Trainers need to be able to develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients- You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have the flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress- To ensure a client’s success in our program, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise logs from our on line groups, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible. Each week you will be required to produce once client NSV (non scale victory) to post on our success photo album.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations- Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus. We can teach you our assessment protocol.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instructions- This is a big one. We need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a clients session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body. (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals. Each month you will be required to submit two videos of you or a client doing an exercise with good form and technique to post on our social media.
- Provide on Going Health and Fitness Education- Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. Each month you will post 2 articles to our Premium Content Group and participate a minimum of 4x a week in the Client Motivation Group.
- Participate In Sales and Marketing- To help build your clientele each quarter you will present a lunch and learn to a group of prospective clients. You will be paid your session rate for the lunch and learn and there is a bonus if any of the participants turn into clients.
- Client Success- We want trainers who love what they do as clients can feel this passion. When a client is happy and achieving the results they want they stay with us long term. We expect our trainers to maintain a renewal rate of 75% percent or higher.
These are the skills you must have already in order to qualify for this position:
- Honestly and Integrity- Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Communication Skills- You will be talking to clients so you must be comfortable conversing in-person, via email and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the client.
- People Skills and Personality- You must LOVE working with people! Clients can feel when someone isn’t comfortable around them. Many of our clients are stepping out of their comfort zone so need someone to help make them feel safe and motivated to do so.
- Health and Fitness Education- You do not need personal training experience, but you should have an active certification and working knowledge of health and fitness.
- Teamwork- We are a remote company, but do have systems in place to help everyone become a tribe. Trainers should reach out to one another if they have questions or need help with anything to do with their client. Working alone will not help keep things fresh and give your clients the best you can be.
- Work Ethic- You much be able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Any paperwork, Invoicing and Client progress and evaluations must be submitted on time fully completed.
- Flexibility and Adaptation- Anything can happen in the middle of a session. An old injury creeps up, you walk into the session and your client injured yourself on the weekend… you need to be able to adapt in a training session. Change things up quickly if what you had planned is not the best plan for your client that day.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory)
- Previous experience
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- Kinesiology degree
- The ability to get around from client to client
- CPR certified
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. We’re a very positive, upbeat business and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills we mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!
How To Apply
We are looking to hire the right person. If this job sounds good to you, then email your resume to email@example.com
Thanks very much for your interest.
President of Home Fit