We talk to so many people who really want to get into a health and fitness routine, but just have no idea where to start. There is so much information out there that it’s confusing. They overthink it and then don’t do anything because it becomes too overwhelming.
If you’re one of those people you’re in luck. We’ve created 3 – 15-minute kick starter workouts that you can begin tomorrow. You don’t need a lot of time or equipment. No more overthinking and stressing out over what to do, when to do it, and how. We’ve laid it out for you. We’ve made it simple.
Don’t be fooled into thinking that
the workout will be easy.
It won’t – but it’s quick and effective.
Expect your energy levels to go up, your heart to race, your stress to become more manageable, and you’ll feel happier and healthier.
What are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
*note that this program is for people that do not have any injuries or pain and have been cleared for exercise by their doctor.
Each work out is designed to take 15 minutes. You should warm up prior to each work out with a 5-minute jog.
Work Out One
30 x glute bridges
• Keep your feet and knees at hip distance apart.
• Relax your neck. Squeeze your glutes and push straight up through the mid to heel of your foot.
• Squeezing your glutes all the way up and then slowly squeezing them as you come back down.
• Don’t rest at the bottom, just bring your butt close to the ground and then squeeze again as you go back up.
20 x push ups
• Keep your shoulders away from your ears your whole body is straight like a plank
• Shoulder blades down so that you’re engaging your lats (under your shoulder outside of your back)
• Squeeze your abs and push straight up. Don’t arch your back at the top.
• Come on back down until your nose can touch the ground.
• If your nose cannot touch the ground that’s okay. Work at it every time you do pushups.
• If you struggle with these or feel them in your back at all then move down to your knees but the form is the same. Keeping your shoulders hips and knees all in a straight line.
• Planks can be done straight arm or bent elbow. If you have issues with your wrist you may choose to go on bent arm as it’s a lot easier on them.
• Keep your elbows or hands (if straight arm) under your shoulders
• Shoulders away from your ears
• Keep your body in a straight line so your feet, knees, hips and shoulders follow that straight line.
• Head should be in a neutral position.
• Inhale and exhale. As your exhaling squeeze your ribs in and squeeze your pelvic floor muscles
Work Out Two
15 x Tricep Dips
• Keep your elbows over your hands.
• Hips should always be high, there’s no lowering and raising of your hips it all. The movement comes from bending of your elbows.
• Bend your elbows and then push straight up.
• Shoulders always away from your ears.
15 ea. Leg x Pilates Quad Leg Lift
• Sitting nice and tall extend your leg pulling your toes in and foot straight up.
• Lift your foot up and back down without letting your foot touch the ground.
• Breathe and keep your shoulders away from your ears.
1-minute x Mountain Climbers
• Mountain climbers are a tough one if you do have issues with your wrist than opt for going on to your elbows.
• Hold your body into a plank position keeping your hips and knees in the same line.
• Try not to move your hips up and down as you cycle your legs in and out
• Remember to breathe.
10 ea. side x Plank Hip Twist
• Starting in an elbow plank you’re going to twist your body so that your shoulders and your hips rotate up into the air as your raise your arm up too.
• Lower yourself back down so that both your hips are in the same alignment as your shoulders. Reach the hand that was in the air under your body
• Repeat as you inhale and exhale
Work Out Three
Yoga Beginner Sun Salutation or Advanced
• Repeat the video for 7 minutes
Half Moon Series
• Repeat the video for 7 minutes
Finish with Yoga Breath Of Joy
• Do this for the last minute
When your days get busy and you aren’t able to fit in your work out, opt for setting your alarm 15 minutes early and working out before the distractions take over. Put your clothes beside your bed to maximize your time. You’ll find your day will become easier to navigate once you get into this routine.
The exercises used in this program are a sneak peek into a FREE 1-week work out plan we are creating. It should be ready in the next few weeks. We will also be launching a 28-day Ski Prep Program in November. Contact us to get in on the early bird sign up list.